Our therapy focuses on integrating treatment into a natural part of your child’s daily routine. Kidspeech provides age appropriate therapy techniques, including:
• play-based therapy for younger children
• creative learning experiences for older children
Our patients’ families are an essential part of the treatment team. Families will be guided in understanding their child’s areas of need and strengths, as well as assisting the child’s intervention, including carryover:
• at home
• at school and
• in the community
Kidspeech therapists work as a team with all the contributors to your child’s education and care, including:
• occupational therapists
• physical therapists
In order to begin services for your child, Kidspeech will need the following:
• A prescription from your Primary Care Physician
• Any information on previous evaluations or treatments received
• Medical/Background Information Form
• Parent Consent Form
• Notice of Privacy Practices Form
• Current copy of your insurance card (front and back)
• Current copy of IFSP/IEP if applicable
If any of the following questions applies to you, Kidspeech can help:
• Do you have questions regarding your child’s speech, language or feeding skills?
• Are you concerned about your child not developing skills as quickly as other children?
• Do you need to pursue a comprehensive evaluation?
• Do you have questions about your preschooler’s speech sound development?
• Do you want reassurance that your child is on track with their development?
Do you have questions about your child’s speech, language, and/or feeding skills?
• Have you ever noticed that your child has difficulty expressing his/her thoughts clearly?
• Are they having a hard time following directions?
• Does he/she often repeat words or stutter?
• Does your child have a hard time with a particular sound?
• Does your child have a hard time being understood?
• Does your child have food aversions?
• Would you like reassurance that your child is developing typically?
It seems like just yesterday that I was given a paper with your name and number on it as we prepared to move from Peachtree City to Cumming. You came highly recommended, but at that time we didn’t know what to expect. As days turned into weeks and weeks into months and months into years, we realized how lucky we were to have found you. You worked so hard with Peyton and were always pulling new tricks out of your hat. It just amazes me at the things you would come up with – and they worked! You pushed Peyton to always do her best. You were kind and playful, but at the same time you expected hard work and practice. We are very grateful for everything you have done for her. As we prepare to move to Illinois, a bumpy road lies ahead for Peyton, but thanks to the good foundation you have given her, I am confident she will be successful. Thank you for everything!