Our therapy focuses on integrating treatment into a natural part of your child’s daily routine. Kidspeech provides age appropriate therapy techniques, including:
• play-based therapy for younger children
• creative learning experiences for older children
Our patients’ families are an essential part of the treatment team. Families will be guided in understanding their child’s areas of need and strengths, as well as assisting the child’s intervention, including carryover:
• at home
• at school and
• in the community
Kidspeech therapists work as a team with all the contributors to your child’s education and care, including:
• occupational therapists
• physical therapists
In order to begin services for your child, Kidspeech will need the following:
• A prescription from your Primary Care Physician
• Any information on previous evaluations or treatments received
• Medical/Background Information Form
• Parent Consent Form
• Notice of Privacy Practices Form
• Current copy of your insurance card (front and back)
• Current copy of IFSP/IEP if applicable
If any of the following questions applies to you, Kidspeech can help:
• Do you have questions regarding your child’s speech, language or feeding skills?
• Are you concerned about your child not developing skills as quickly as other children?
• Do you need to pursue a comprehensive evaluation?
• Do you have questions about your preschooler’s speech sound development?
• Do you want reassurance that your child is on track with their development?
Do you have questions about your child’s speech, language, and/or feeding skills?
• Have you ever noticed that your child has difficulty expressing his/her thoughts clearly?
• Are they having a hard time following directions?
• Does he/she often repeat words or stutter?
• Does your child have a hard time with a particular sound?
• Does your child have a hard time being understood?
• Does your child have food aversions?
• Would you like reassurance that your child is developing typically?
My daughter was recently told that her speech pronunciation did not affect her at school and she was not old enough to receive therapy in the school system. I proceeded to seek out private speech therapy for my daughter who had trouble making her “R” sounds. Our family was touched by the professional and caring attitudes of all the employees at the Kidspeech office. We were always greeted professionally and enjoyed knowing that our daughter would not have to deal with the frustrations of not being able to pronounce her “R” sounds. She received therapy for three months and was discharged recently. Our family is pleased to know that she no longer has to worry about her speech and her grades in reading have improved a lot. She is reading and writing and we are so glad that her speech does not interfere. We are blessed to have found Kidspeech.