Our therapy focuses on integrating treatment into a natural part of your child’s daily routine. Kidspeech provides age appropriate therapy techniques, including:
• play-based therapy for younger children
• creative learning experiences for older children
Our patients’ families are an essential part of the treatment team. Families will be guided in understanding their child’s areas of need and strengths, as well as assisting the child’s intervention, including carryover:
• at home
• at school and
• in the community
Kidspeech therapists work as a team with all the contributors to your child’s education and care, including:
• occupational therapists
• physical therapists
In order to begin services for your child, Kidspeech will need the following:
• A prescription from your Primary Care Physician
• Any information on previous evaluations or treatments received
• Medical/Background Information Form
• Parent Consent Form
• Notice of Privacy Practices Form
• Current copy of your insurance card (front and back)
• Current copy of IFSP/IEP if applicable
If any of the following questions applies to you, Kidspeech can help:
• Do you have questions regarding your child’s speech, language or feeding skills?
• Are you concerned about your child not developing skills as quickly as other children?
• Do you need to pursue a comprehensive evaluation?
• Do you have questions about your preschooler’s speech sound development?
• Do you want reassurance that your child is on track with their development?
Do you have questions about your child’s speech, language, and/or feeding skills?
• Have you ever noticed that your child has difficulty expressing his/her thoughts clearly?
• Are they having a hard time following directions?
• Does he/she often repeat words or stutter?
• Does your child have a hard time with a particular sound?
• Does your child have a hard time being understood?
• Does your child have food aversions?
• Would you like reassurance that your child is developing typically?
We are so grateful we found Kidspeech when we needed therapy for our son. Our son was 3 when he was diagnosed with Apraxia. My husband and I had attempted to educate ourselves about the diagnosis and progress children can make, only to be overwhelmed by information on the internet. Our therapist was so knowledgable and helped us understand what this diagnosis entailed and gave us a plan to enable us to help our child communicate with others. Initially, he only made a few sounds (e.g., oo, ah) and grunted or pulled us to what he wanted. After a few months he was using words to communicate, which reduced the behavior issues, and later began using sentences to communicate. He is now 4 years old and is speaking and communicating as well as any child his age. Everyone at Kidspeech is wonderful! They make you feel like you are family and honestly love kids. We would recommend Kidspeech to any parent who is concerned about their child’s communication. They are GREAT!!!!